Saturday, October 3, 2009

What`s my blog about?

I have spent the last 5 years of my life finding great jobs for outstanding marketing professionals and I believe I have been successful at it. Part of my job has also been giving career advice. I greatly enjoy the part of my job as well.

Every so often, people come to me with the question: What do you think should be my next career step? I do not have a crystal ball and can`t tell people what their future will be like, but in these moments of economic turmoil and with so many people becoming an unemployment statistic, you come to realize that,whether by choice or force, the time comes when you need to define what it is you really enjoy doing for a living.

Don`t get me wrong: In this day and age, you should be lucky you have a job to go to, no doubt. The 1st boss I worked for (he was managing an airline at age 30) told me that not having a job to go to on Monday morning was the worst feeling he`d experienced. Count your blessings indeed.

The following video has inspired me to start a blog about that terrifying moment, usually on Sunday evening, when the weekend ends and the work week is about to start and you realize you are, in a way, back to square 1, career-wise. You do not need to feel this way actually.

I plan to discuss strengths and weaknesses, work life balance, stress, motivation, value clarification,leadership and ways to make sense of what drives us (or should in theory) to get up on Monday and go to work. Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment